ADD THE SLIDER CODE HERE

October 24, 2011

Top Ten Shoes Essential for Your Wardrobe

Hello! As promised, here's a break from all the beauty posts! I made a new blog section and that is "Fashion Talk." I have said this before, I am not a fashionista, but I do enjoy dressing up. I am not claiming to be a fashion guru or even a beauty expert by putting up this blog; In fact, I created this to share tips I learned from experience, from reading and from different beauty bloggers and fashion bloggers online. With that in mind, let's now move on to the Fashion Talk!

Picture this: You're already done picking out your clothes, hair and makeup for the day and you're down to the last step before heading out- putting on your shoes; however, you can't find a perfect pair to go with your outfit. That's one sign you're probably missing some basic items in your closet! I am now going to talk about ten shoes that I think are essential to every girl's wardrobe.



10. Boots

I must have raised some eyebrows here, but boots can be one of the most versatile items in your closet! Rubber boots or Wellington boots are cute, eye-catching and will last a long time. In the Philippines, where it's always rainy, if not sunny, a pair of rubber boots is your perfect companion! You don't want soggy wet feet in the rain now, don't you? Look for a pair that's goes with most of the items in your closet but don't be afraid to try the funkier ones with patterns.

If you're feeling more adventurous, get a pair of Knee-high Leather or Suede boots. You can pair them with your summer dresses, skinny jeans, mini skirts, shorts, trousers, etc. I like tan/ brown colors, that lean more on the orange side, for knee-high boots. If you want something more subdued, get a pair of Ankle Boots in black! When paired with your black skintight pants or black liquid leggings, they can make your legs appear longer.

*Don't buy fur! Please, think about all those animals!


9. Mary Jane

There are different syles for Mary Janes, nowadays. They are shoes that have a single-buckle strap across the instep and/or around the ankle. I strongly suggest you get a pair of black ones. I think they look like doll shoes and you can wear them to school or to work. Hehe. Cute! Our moms can choose the pointy ones and pair them with their suites, then, that's sexy!


8. Dressy Heels/ Evening Heels

On ocassions where you choose to wear a very basic dress or a simple evening dresses, a dressy pair of heels can instantly amp up your outfit. Black is one of the best choices for evening dresses. Silver and gold also look fantastic! You can also go for heels with embellishments. The key is to find a balance between your outfit and your shoes. If your dress and accessories are already eye-catching, tone down your shoes. My dream pair of evening heels is what Emma Watson is wearing in these pictures. (1 & 2) Probably a higher platform and a thinner heel though.


7. Sneakers

Comfortable, Reliable, Fun. A girl should never be without her trusty pair of sneakers. They are great for walking, travelling and shopping! From simple to fancy (Think Miu Miu Fall 2011 Glitter Sneakers), low-cut to knee-high, there's certainly a pair that's perfect for you!


6. Espadrilles

Welcome to the Philippines where it's sunny everyday! Instead of wearing flip-flops for your fashionable sun dresses, opt for these wedge espadrilles. Since the soles are made of canvas, these shoes are really light and give the wearer a comfortable feeling especially during the summer season. You can stroll around the park in this! The wedge sole is perfect so you won't have to worry about tripping over uneven ground.


5. Platform Shoes/ Chunky Heels

I just looooooove heels! My first pair was from when I was in Nursery; I wore it to my recognition program. However, I won't recommend it to your future kids. Hehe. It made my legs big. Hehe. Anyways, I like how heels do that clacking noise with every step! I prefer you get ones with platforms because they are more comfortable and are less likely to hurt. Be cautious though! Find a heel height which is just right for you. There is a heel length for every girl that will make her legs appear slimmer and longer. To find that, it's all about trial and error. Heels are instant plastic surgery, I tell you.



4. Oxford Shoes/ Brogues

This baby right here is the most comfortable thing I have ever worn in my entire life! It's from Payless. This pair literally hugs my feet like socks, but better! Oxfords/ Brogues can be worn with dresses, jeans, skirts- you name it! You need this in your shoe shelf! Again, I recommend a tan color. Mine looks gray in the picture but in real life, it's a light beige.



3. Ballet Flats

You'll reach for these time and time again so it's okay to stock up. They are comfortable and will go well with anything! Get neutral, bright and bold colors for variety.


2. Thong Sandals

I put this in number two simply because I think it's the sexiest thing for your feet. I mean, thong sandals are like the halter tops for your feet! Am I the only one who thinks that way? They sort of elongate the feet and show off all your pedicured toes! Invest in simple designs for everyday strolls and get embellished ones for when you're feeling a little bit dressier than usual. I like those studded with stones that sparkle when struck with light. :D Wear them with your ankle jeans, flowy skirts and babydoll dresses. Flirty and fresh!


1. Classic Pumps

Get a black one! Get a high-heeled one! Get a nude one! These look so chic on anyone! My absolute favorite! They can take you from daytime school/work to nighttime fun and ppppparty! Nude ones elongate your gorgeous legs too so go for it! I am looking for a perfect pair for myself! Teeheehee.

So, there you have it! My list of essential shoes for your wardrobe! More important than having all of these in your wardrobe, though, is knowing your own style. That way, you know what you want to look and you can decide which items to get to avoid unnecessary purchases. This article was solely based on my opinion so your list can be a bit different than mine. I hope this was really helpful, though. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment