ADD THE SLIDER CODE HERE

November 19, 2011

Etude House Baking Powder Pore Cleansing Mineral Water

Hello, guys. Sorry for being MIA lately. I suffered from fever and wasn't able to go to school for almost 2 weeks. I have a lot of catching up to do! Since I'm feeling so much better now, I decided to do something new and made a review! This is my first ever review and I am very open to your comments and suggestions on how I can make this work. Let's get started.

I bought Etude House's Baking Powder Pore Cleansing Mineral Water because I was looking for a makeup remover that is not oily so I can immediately put makeup on after. For looks that will require a really strong eye and a whole lot of glitter, I need a cleansing item that will remove all the mess so I can move on to applying the rest of my makeup. It's also quite handy when it's night and I have to remove my makeup.

Etude House's Baking Powder Pore Cleansing Mineral Water looked like a really nice product because 1) It's made from Baking Powder- a natural cleansing tool. 2) It's infused with minerals and I love mineral makeup/ mineral beauty products.

Let's have a closer look at this product.

What Etude House says:
Formulated with baking powder and minerals to penetrate and cleanse deep within pores to remove makeup and residues. Cleansing water supplies moist makeup removal and skin toning. 100% Natural Fragrance. Dye-Free.
Directions: Dispense Cleansing water onto facial pad and use pad to wipe clean facial surface of makeup and residues. 
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Propanediol, Peg-8 Caprylic, Capric Glycerides, Peg 80-Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium Edta, Styrene/ Acrylates Copolymer, Coco- Glucoside, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cetrimonium Bromide, Citrus Medica Limonuim (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil
I use this right after washing my face just to check if there is any makeup residue left. I only do two pumps on a single cotton ball because it's enough to cover my whole face and neck. After using, I notice that it leaves a thin film of slightly sticky residue, but not so sticky that it's bothersome. It just gives the feeling that my skin is well hydrated and moisturized. After a while, the stickiness subsides and I am left with soft and supple skin. I then proceed with my makeup application. I noticed it helps make my skin look like its glowing. Nothing remarkable though, just a different and brighter complexion than usual. When I use this to remove makeup before washing my face, it usually takes 4 soaked cotton balls to do the work. It feels really cool against my skin and gives off a mild citrus-y scent probably because of the presence of orange peel oil and lemon peel oil.

Pros:
  • Price tag. At P298.00.
  • Nice Size. 200 ml.
  • No strong scent.
  • No harsh chemicals and the water is very clear.
  • Sealed, so you know you are getting fresh and unopened product.
  • Comes with a lock for the pump to avoid wastage.
  • Removes makeup thoroughly.
  • Creates a nice base for makeup application.
Cons:
  • Does not penetrate deep within pores (I tried this on my friend's blackheads and the little devils won't budge)
  • Must not be used on the eye area.
Verdict:
This is a really good item on your vanity dresser especially when you're really lazy when it comes to removing your makeup at night. However, if you are looking for a deep cleansing water for your pores, this is not for you. While it does a great job removing dirt and makeup on my face, I really did not notice much difference on my pores. However, Etude House's Baking Powder line has a lot of products to offer that you might want to try and will specifically address your cleansing concerns.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, thank you so much for this review! I'm interested in this product and thinking about buying it. I want to know does it irritates the eyes, because you say it cannot be used around eyes. It would be best if I can use it to remove eye shadows and concealers on my dark circles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 兩光星, thank you so much for your comment! As to whether it irritates the eyes, I actually did try it on my eyes before and it did not irritate them or sting them at all. However, Etude had it written at the back to avoid contact with the eyes so I assume it is not intended to be used on that area. :(

    ReplyDelete