ADD THE SLIDER CODE HERE

March 15, 2012

Majolica Majorca Jeweling Eyes Quad RD784


I asked Ms. Angel, the one who always assists me when I visit Majolica Majorca Southmall, which quad is great for everyday and she suggested this one, RD784. I would say this palette leans on the coral family and if you are looking for a great alternative to the usual neutrals/browns you wear for everyday, you might as well give this one a try also.


The four eye shadows are encased in this clear plastic container. Majolica Majorca is well-known for their princess-y packaging with gold motif. I've had this quad for months now and the gold design on the top cover hasn't faded at all. I like it.



The palette also comes with a mini sponge applicator.


Unlike most eye shadow palettes, the sponge applicator in this is actually really useful. The mini size may take time getting used to but rather than carrying a full-size blending brush, this one saves space in your makeup kit. It does the trick anyway.

Glittery Cream, Shimmery Champagne, Shimmery Coral, Deep Burgundy

I'm going to try to describe the colors of these eye shadows as accurately as I can. The color on the top left is a glittery cream color, the one on the top right is a shimmery champagne color, the one on the bottom left is a shimmery coral color, and the one on the bottom right is a deep burgundy color that almost looks like a dark reddish brown. It also has tiny flecks of pink shimmer in it.

Swatched from left to right: Glittery Cream, Shimmery Champagne, Shimmery Coral, Deep Burgundy
The glittery cream color is great for a party look, but I don't really like using it in the day. It's supposed to be a highlighter for the inner corners of the eyes, as well as the brow bone but I find it too shimmery for that. My favorite color to use all over my lid is the second swatch, the champagne color. It's pretty close to my natural skin tone so it makes my eyes appear brighter and bigger. The one I like to apply close to my upper and lower lash line is the third swatch. The coral color is too pretty and instantly gives that glow to my eyes. The deep burgundy color is a great alternative to using black liquid eyeliners because it gives a softer definition to the eyes. I use it along the outer v.

Here is a closer look.


The first and the second swatch look pretty similar but the first swatch contains chunky glitters while the second swatch only has fine shimmers in it. 

PROS:
  • Good Pigmentation
  • Nice Color Combination
  • Available locally (SM Department Stores)
  • Easy to Use
  • Great for a Natural Look
  • Great for Everyday
  • Good Staying Power
  • Cute Packaging


CONS:
  • Glittery Cream Color is too glittery for my taste


VERDICT:
All of the shadows in this quad are very pigmented. They don't crease at all and have good staying power. I recommend this palette to students in college like me who would like to wear eye shadow to school without looking overly done. This is also perfect for parties and special occasions since it photographs well. I'll definitely re-purchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment