ADD THE SLIDER CODE HERE

April 14, 2012

Etude House Wanna Be Color Lips #3 So Chic Beige


Buy it, they said. It's limited edition, they said. LOL, totally quoting 9gag in there. Anyways, Last December, Etude House released their limited edition winter collection called "Wannabe." I looked up the collection online and originally wanted to get the makeup kit but I already have one from e.l.f. and it's still pretty brand new so I didn't end up buying it. I don't want to waste.


I bought one of the three lipsticks in the line, Wannabe Color Lips in #3 So Chic Beige. I put myself on a lipstick ban last Christmas so I restrained from getting this for the longest time. I also didn't want to jump in and buy it because I didn't know how it would look on me since I don't want to use testers anymore. What made me get it? This received positive (I couldn't find a negative comment at all) reviews online and the fact that this lipstick is limited edition made me want to get it all the more.

That was it. I was sold. Before it ran out, I bought one for myself. Other shades include:
  • #1 So Trendy Red (I would like to get it too, but I'll think about it first. I like the design on the cap kasi. Hehe)
  • #2 So Hot Pink (I had to stop myself before I could buy another hot pink lipstick. See my collection here.)




For a P 478.00 tube, you get 3.5 grams of product and it's good for use up to 18 months after opening. The lipstick was manufactured in Korea, Etude House's origin.


Etude Says: Smooth textured lipstick supplies vivid color and moist shine.

For this collection, Etude House collaborated with illustrator Annika Wester. Her illustrations are really trendy and cute! They look all sketchy, but posh. Makes me wish I knew how to draw too. Hehe


On the top end, you can find the sticker with the shade of the lipstick and a bar code. (Captain Obvious. Haha.) An Etude House lady will open it up for you and show you the fresh product inside before you purchase.


Unlike most of Etude House's lipsticks, which are bulky and princess-y, this one is in a sleek black matte tube. The cap closes with a click. I don't know about you, but I find it quite satisfying. (OMG, I have lipstick click fetish?) I think I like hearing the sound of it because it makes me feel at ease that my lipstick is capped securely so in case my lipstick gets lost in my bag I don't have to worry about the cap falling off and causing undue damage to my purse, or worse, the lipstick itself. LOL.


The cap has Annika Wester's illustration of the Eiffel Tower and an "I love Paris" charm attached to it. This is the design you will get for this shade. Other designs are a lip with "xoxo E." for #1 So Trendy Red, and a Parisian girl for #2 So Hot Pink.


You get a decent amount of product. I saw the tester of this had a lot of product left inside the tube when you finish the exposed part of the lipstick bullet. Lip brush is essential for a lipstick lover.


The color is, as the name suggests, a pretty beige with coral undertones. I really like colors like these since they mimic the natural color of your lips giving your lips a "My Lips But Better" look. I'm still young so I think I should stick to youthful colors like this.


The scent is delicious! It reminds me of sour candies. I don't know if this is the signature Etude House product scent, but my Face Designing Brightener (review soon) has the same smell! I have no problem with scented cosmetics. I do believe they add oomph to the product.


PROS
  • The creamy formula glides on smoothly. Etude wasn't kidding about this being a "smooth textured lipstick."
  • Beautiful Color! It's an interesting nude color that doesn't wash out your face. I'd say it's a mix of beige and a little bit of coral.
  • Good Pigmentation. You can get a decent coverage just by patting it on. Although, I like swiping more product because I want the color to show up more.
  • I think this is one of those colors that are nice for a bride.
  • Okay Staying Power.
  • It doesn't settle on the lines of my lips. It actually makes my lips look plump. Most nude colors do!


CONS
  • Limited Edition. Fret not, though! I swatched this side by side with Dear My Blooming Lips-talk BE101 Worrisome Beige (the makeup line came out earlier today). They look identical, with So Chic Beige being a little thicker and deeper.
  • Mid-range price. Not expensive, but not cheap either. It's kind of hard to tell what to expect from the product.
  • Lipstick fades after eating or drinking. You need to reapply.


RECOMMENDATION
This is a beautiful color that's impossible to ignore! If you like nude colors, pick this up! It's an interesting addition to your collection.

SWATCH
(I like doing full face swatches because in real life, you don't just look at how the color looks on one's lips, but how it compliments one's face. :))



2 comments: