ADD THE SLIDER CODE HERE

May 6, 2012

Face of the Day: New Everyday Makeup!

Hi! what do you think of this new look? I wasn't planning on creating a Face of the Day post today. I just wanted to try the new shadows I have from Etude House. I really liked the final look so I decided to share it with you. I'll have you know that I got inspired by Korean actresses. I really want to focus on creating more natural looks for myself. I think this will be my default everyday makeup! I'm also going to talk about how I did this look. ;)

I apologize for the blurred photos because this is going to be one picture heavy post!








I came across a picture of a Korean actress in one of my blog hoppings. She was wearing gray eye shadow on her lids with the whole face being quite plain. The over all effect? Quite Natural! I liked it very much and luckily the blog owner recreated the look using two shadows from Etude House. When boyfie and I visited the store, I decided to get them too!









Compared to the Korean actress' look, this look is sort of an "exaggerated" natural look. Hers appears more natural than what I did but I still find this look natural enough for me. Basically, I created a very light smokey eye with "ulzzang" lips. The rest of the face was made really plain.

So, here's how I did this look:

I applied Benefit Erase Paste on my dark circles followed by Boi-ing concealer to make the coverage more opaque. I then applied Etude House Dream on Foundation under my eyes, sides of my nose, and chin.  I set everything with Etude House Dream On Pact. On my brows, I used Etude House Drawing Eye brows and Majolica Majorca's Brow Powder. Before I used eye shadow, I applied e.l.f eyelid primer first. The two shadows I used are Etude House's Look at My Eyes BE101 Banana Latte and PP501 Sweet Potato Latte.


I applied Banana Latte under my eyes to sweep off any fall outs from the brow powder, and on the inner corners of my eyes to brighten them up. I put Sweet Potato Latte on my lids careful not to go past my crease, and under my lower lash lines. I put MAC Macroviolet fluidline on my uppper water line to define my eyes. I curled my lashes and applied Etude House Oh~ my'Eye Lash mascara #4 followed by Majolica Majorca Lash Expander. I layered a non-waterproof mascar under a waterproof one so it'll be easier to remove. Layering mascaras also helps build up volume. I contoured my nose and cheeks with Etude House Face Color Corset #6. I also applied highlighter on my nose bridge, insides of the apples of my cheeks,  tops of my cheekbones, cupid's bow, and chin. I used Etude House Face Designing brightener. I used Etude House Color Me Nude Lip Concealer to hie pigmentation around my lip lines. Lastly, I put Etude House Pink Tonic Lip Glass on the center of my lips. 

Let's take a closer look on the details.






 That's my Face of The Day post for today. See you next time! :)



4 comments:

  1. looks pretty~! i'd love to follow your blog but i cant find your google connect~ ang blogger.com is being crazy -- the 'follow' link on the top of the page is gone. lol

    stylefoxhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janine, thank you for letting me know! I thought the follow link was working pretty well. I'll work on it! :)

      Delete
  2. which shade of the lip glass did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Etude House Pink Tonic Lip Glass #2 :)

    ReplyDelete