For the month of May, I didn't wear foundation that much because my skin got a little darker. Hot weather causes my skin to dry up and my foundation to cake up so I avoided wearing full face makeup as much as possible. To make up for that, I focused on adding color to my face, taming my hair, and polishing my brows! Here are my top picks for the month of May!
1. Benefit Erase Paste Mini This is the mini Erase Paste included in my Confessions of a Concealaholic kit which I take out and toss into my makeup bag. I like this concealer because it brightens my under-eye area. I tend to stay up late during summer so my eye bags can get really bad. The mini size is perfect for me because I can take it with me to touch up when I'm out! I have to set this with powder though.
2. Etude House Look at My Eyes BE101 Banana Latte and 3. PP501 Sweet Potato Latte I did a makeup post about these two shadows here. Unlike most Look at My Eyes shadows, these two aren't as shimmery. Banana Latte is so close to my skin tone, I can fake a higher arch and a brighter inner eye corner without looking too obvious. Sweet Potato Latte adds a bit more depth to my eyes and is a good alternative to my usual brown shadows. Boyfie bought these for me so I use them a lot! :)
4. Majolica Majorca Brow Powder BR666 I use a brow pencil then top it with this. It makes my brows look fuller and darker. Thankfully, it doesn't look bad with my colored hair. I'm trying to use up my remaining brow makeups before I switch up to one which is a perfect match for my new hair.
5. Majolica Majorca Perfect Automatic Liner BK999 I have to confess that for the month of May, I have not once washed my brushes. I'd been using disposable makeup applicators and sponges to apply makeup so I couldn't use my fluidlines at all. I'm glad the staying power of Majolica Majorca's liquid liner is superb. It stays on longer than MAC fluidlines and the waterproof formula is perfect for hot summer days! I reviewed it here.
6. Wet n' Wild Wine Red 522A I use this to mimic a "just bitten" lip. When worn as a lipstick it can be too bold but when dabbed on and used like a lip tint, it's beautiful! I use this on people (male or female) when I do their makeup.
7. MAC Ruby Woo I rarely watch television but the past month, I'd been watching Showtime. Anne Curtis uses a bold red lip color and if my research is correct, it is this very lipstick. I wore this lipstick out, people can't help but stare.
8. NYX Round lip gloss in Whipped This color softens any lip color I wear under it. It's also a great alternative to lip concealer if you want the "ulzzang" lips. Just line the outer parts of your lips with this and voila!- instant cute lips.
9. Citre Shine Thermo Defense Shine Glaze Because I dyed my hair, I'm taking extra measures to care for it. On days where I need to use heating tools, I spritz my hair with this. The bottle says to use it on towel dried hair but I use it on damp hair. I find the formula too thick so I dilute it with the water from my hair. This product doesn't only coat my hair with a protective layer, it also makes my hair color stand out more.
10. Etude House Hot Style Bubble Hair Coloring in Sweet Orange I used this to dye my hair. It's so easy to use but can get a little messy. Apart from that, I love the color! Don't be scared that your hair will turn orange because it won't. Mine turned into a lovely sweet brown shade. I'm going to use this to dye my hair again.
That's all, folks! I'll be updating this blog with reviews soon.