ADD THE SLIDER CODE HERE

June 11, 2012

Shiseido Natural Finish Cream Concealer

Today's review will be about Shiseido's Natural Finish Cream Concealer. I got this concealer a while back from my grandmother in the US when she came home for a visit. Before, I didn't have any concealers in my kit, but because I purchased Benefit's Confession of a Concealaholic kit, which has a total of 3 concealers, and now this, I have more than I need!
Shiseido says "Perfectly cover flaws and match skin tone for a flawless, natural finish. Superior coverage to conceal dark circles, dullness and areas of unevenness like reddened cheeks, discoloration and freckles. Awarded for “The Best Camouflaging Concealer” in New Beauty Magazine! NON-COMEDOGENIC. DERMATOLOGIST AND OPHTHALMOLOGIST-TESTED."
There are 5 shades available and I have this concealer in No. 2, Light Medium. There's 10 ml. of product and a tube is good for use up to 24 months upon opening which is a pretty long time, if you ask me. This concealer is also perspiration, water, and oil resistant.


The product comes in a sleek black squeeze out tube. I find this more hygienic compared to concealers that come in jars or make use of wands.
Although I like the design of the tube, I find it difficult to control the amount of product being squeezed out. That can be a little inconvenient for me since I only need a tiny amount of this concealer for my whole face. 
The formula of this concealer is so thick and creamy that you only need a small dot to cover your dark circles and imperfections. I also find the formula to dry a bit faster than most concealers so you have to work really quick with this. Once it dries, it doesn't budge!
I like to apply this with my fingers to warm it up. It allows me to blend it more evenly as opposed to using brushes. As for staying power, this holds up really well. Even after a whole day, it doesn't fade or crease!
I will now attempt to show you how well this concealer covers. Here is a picture of my mole and a reddish blemish.
 Blend, blend, blend..
As you can see, it covered the red blemish entirely while partially hiding my mole. As for dark circles, this  stays on pretty well without creasing or caking on the fine lines under my eyes but it doesn't hide puffiness which is what I look for in a concealer. It does a pretty good job of hiding it in flash photography, though. 

PROS
  • Medium coverage that is buildable
  • Hides dark circles and puffiness (in flash photography)
  • Conceals redness
  • Looks natural
  • Doesn't crease
  • Water, sweat, and oil proof
  • Little goes a long way. This tube will last me years. I know it.
  • Non-greasy
  • Long wearing
  • Yellow undertone is great for Asian skin tones
  • Comes in 5 shades for a perfect match
  • Squeeze out tube is handy and hygienic


CONS
  • Tends to settle quickly
  • Slightly dry texture may be a bit difficult to blend (use fingers)
  • Tube tends to squeeze out more product than necessary

VERDICT
  • I love this concealer for its thick and creamy consistency as well as its staying power. It hides the blemishes on my face very well. If you like a long wearing concealer that hides redness, doesn't budge or crease, and has a yellow undertone, I highly recommend this. Plus, it's water, sweat, and oil proof!


1 comment: