ADD THE SLIDER CODE HERE

August 17, 2012

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet

Hello, my dears! As I've previously mentioned, my laptop charger broke which explains the lack of activity in this blog the last few months. I finally had it repaired and that means I can now go back to blogging! There's a load of backlogs here in my laptop but this product I have right here I only got  very recently. I just couldn't wait to write about it! I come back with a review of my latest addiction, Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet!
At first, I was skeptical about this product even though everyone on the internet was raving about it. But being the lip junkie that I am, I relentlessly researched about this product and after a few weeks of convincing myself that this is just another lip product in the market, my curiosity got the best of me. I got the shade Red Velvet because the beauty consultant at the Revlon counter said this one's a better seller over Peach Parfait. It can also be used as a lip tint as opposed to Peach Parfait which is very light according to her. Maybe it's also because of the weather that I've been leaning more closely to darker lip colors this season. 

The Revlon Lip Butter Claims.
Buttery Balm + Shiny Color. Buttery balm with beautiful shiny color to give you baby soft, healthy glowing lips. 94% of women felt lips were softer, smoother, and instantly hydrated. Hydrating mango, shea and coconut butter formula boosts lip moisture by 156%. Pampering gel formula provides super charged hydration and glides on lips buttery smooth. Sheer to medium colour with buttery shine. Available in 20 luscious shades. http://revlon.com



The lipstick bullet is very close to the metal tube that houses it maybe because lip butters tend to be really buttery in consistency and can easily melt and break. It can also get really messy once you twist the tube back in. Apart from that, I don't really find anything ugly in the design. It's quite new. Cute, even. It also has a sticker seal on the side to indicate that the tube has never been opened.
The shade I got, Red Velvet, is a dark wine red. I can dab it on and use it as a lip tint or lather on more color for a dark berry lip. The formula feels really smooth and glides on effortlessly like a lip balm. It reminds me of Lustre finishes from MAC but doesn't wipe off as easily. You can feel it sticking to your lips but doesn't feel heavy at all. I normally get 2-3 hours of wear without eating or drinking. 
The finish also reminds me of a wet candy. There is definitely color but underneath, you can still sort of see your lips. It makes your lips look full and moisturized. I can even layer the color a little past the natural line of my lips, and it wouldn't look too obvious.

PROS:

  • Smooth Texture glides on effortlessly
  • Feels Moisturizing and Hydrating
  • No need for a lip brush! It applies evenly!
  • Feels light on the lips
  • Available locally for P525.00 (cheaper in most online stores)
  • No chemical lipstick smell (unless you like scented cosmetics)
  • Gives a plumping effect
  • Can be used as a lip tint or lipstick
  • Pigmented (a little goes a long way, surprisingly)
  • Available in a lot of colors
  • Sealed for freshness


CONS:

  • Kind of expensive, don't you think? 
  • A little messy in the tube


VERDICT:
Over all, I really do love this new addition to my lipstick collection, and I can't wait to get my hands on more of these. I recommend this to those who want to start wearing lipsticks, those who need a little moisturizing in the lip department, and those who just love lip colors!

1 comment:

  1. hi! ^^ hope u could join my giveaway! here the link: http://poptartselle.blogspot.com/2012/08/join-my-international-giveaway-from.html

    ReplyDelete